Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Just Staying Put

Nothing like being a parent and making tough choices. Often I find myself striving for balance, but feeling like I am left short-handing someone or something, usually myself.

Sunday morning was no exception. I really *really* wanted to do something for myself. Something that was important to me. Something I had been looking forward to for weeks. Something profound.

But instead, my two little ones charmed me into lounging on the couch all morning. We did a lot of cuddling and chatting like this:



We giggled, chatted, and played. Calm at first then more wiggly. Then I caught up on some reading while soaking in the sweet sounds of their imaginative play together. Then a little more of this:



and this...




Then my husband quietly got lunch ready while I watched him from the couch. Then we enjoyed a nice unhurried lunch together. Rare moments these days in lives that seem too much like passing sailboats.

Ahh, a lazy Sunday morning after a busy week. I hadn't seen the kids in the last day and a half, except a couple hours at my son's birthday party.

So even though I had been looking forward to doing something spiritually important to me, and investing in the strengthening of my spiritual future, it would just happen that hanging out in the same room as my family, just cuddling and lounging all morning was in fact, just what we all needed.

Maybe it took a little mom guilt to make me stay. Maybe it was a bit of laziness. But we all got what we needed I do believe.

It always amazes me what a little unstructured time, mixed with very close proximity (for my family that means lots of snuggles) can do for our mind, body and spirit.

Namaste
The Domestic Yogi

1 comment:

  1. I contacted this herbal Doctor on email and explain my problem to him and he told me that he is going to prepare a herbal medicine for me which he did and he sent it to me through UPS service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me instructions on how to use it, after taken the medicine as instructed, i went for check up and the result shows negative and i was cured of this deadly disease within 2 weeks, I am now free from Herpes. You can contact Robinson Buckler on his email …………Robinson.buckler@yahoo.com !!!…………

    ReplyDelete